Monkey Life Part 3

Here's the problem...
There are just SO MANY damn things you have to do to stay alive.
I mean, I can eat real food OR take a multi-vitamin, but how can I remember both?
And why isn't food just a space pill yet?  I was promised in a movie once.

I can be clothed OR match, but not both.  So I'll wear all black and grey and blend.  And shut up about adding accessories; am I a wizard?  (Confession to my scarf-loving friends:  I added two scarves this year.  One's black and one's grey).

Warning:  If you find yourself in monkey phase, think carefully before buying a dog.  If you have one already, well...well you just do.  Try not to lose her.  But if you don't, wait six months.  I spend a lot of time and energy "coming to" mentally only to panic and call out, "Roxy???  Roxy where are you???"only to stand up and step on her tail. 
If you get one, get a needy codependent one who won't wander away.

Last week in the snow, I took the dog out at 10pm, dropped my keys into the snow and couldn't find them for 20 minutes.  You may be thinking that's not weird, except that I didn't know my keyring was with me until I heard a plunk that sounded keyish.  Basically, as soon as I realized I had it, it was gone.  You know, like my good firm fanny from my 20s.

If you're in monkey phase, be super friendly and kind, because you'll need a lot of grace from others.  I forgot to pay my rent one month,  TIL THE 15TH of the month.  People will forgive a lot if you're honest and kind, because remember you don't have that bottom working for you anymore.

No one gets gifts or birthday wishes from you much when you're a monkey.  Or rather, the person you barely know but happened to be born on and cross your radar on one of your lucid days gets a LOT of celebration.  You just pour all the love and guilt of forgetting your immediate family's birthdays into that one friendly maintenance guy named John or Jason or "Hey Buddy," until he's nervous about returning to your apartment for the next air filter change.